Monday, September 6, 2010

It's been forever since my last post

I know, I know- I haven't blogged in quite some time. But hey, at least I'm consistently inconsistent? I've just been incredibly busy with school and what not... it takes up the majority of my life, and eats my soul. Any who, I found time in one of my easier classes to write a poem regarding the loathe I have for school. I figured I'd share it with you all, since I don't have much else to offer.

We were lazy that summer
Our "own" ideas were stolen right from the pages of our prestigious books
We were green to the ways of the world.
It was inevitable that we grew tired of lounging in the golden haze

As the sky brightened to a crisp indigo,
We found ourselves thrown into a world where bells rang every 57 minutes for eight hours straight,
beginning at 8:15 AM
In those cement cages, we were preached to about the power of thought, knowledge, and originality.
So we called out things bathed in yellow, discussed things laced in orange, and wrote things down with a crimson flare.
Those preachers burned us all alive.

So we truly did fall,
into a mundane greyscale
I'll be dammed if any of us remember much more than that that.
We slept, we ate, we learned.
Some of us didn't sleep.
Some of us didn't eat.
The vast majority of us lost hope in the potential of learning.

Then maybe it was the April rains that
washed some sense into us
We blossomed like roses
Red, thorny roses
prayers for summer poured from the sky

And, one day, everything became laced in a film
and they were answered
with a golden haze, and a dog-eared thought.


*I apologize if the formatting is psycho, it happens. I also apologize for venting about school, next post I'll have something better. Maybe.

No comments:

Post a Comment